Update: Glumberland also shared the new key art for Ooblets, illustrated by Dina Norlund. It’s beautiful:
Glumberland’s dance battle creature collection farming game Ooblets is getting an early access release on Epic Games Store and Xbox One this northern summer / southern winter—in other words, very soon.
Its developers describe Ooblets as “Harvest Moon meets Pokémon meets Animal Crossing“. It’s a farming game in which the crops you grow are living creature (the titular ooblets), which you can then collect and use to engage in dance battles with other ooblet trainers.
Here’s the feature list from Epic Games Store:
• Grow crops on your farm and sell them in town
• Build your team of ooblets, level them up, and unlock new dance moves
• Style your character in a bunch of different outfits and accessories
• Join an ooblet club to get your first little baby ooblet
• Compete in dance-offs to earn new ooblet seeds and win tournaments
• Expand and decorate your house from a dinky shack to a stately farmhouse
• Get to know the townsfolk and befriend them if you’d like!
• Complete daily challenges, earn badges, help the Mayor save the town from questionable forces, and unlock the secrets of Oob
Ooblets has been in development for a while, and it’s a game I’ve been watching closely. It looks adorable, and dance battling vegetables I’ve grown in my own farm sounds like the most charming, wholesome time. We don’t have an exact release date just yet for Ooblets early access, but considering that we’re already well into the season, it can’t be very far away at all.