NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139…, a remastered version of 2010’s NieR Replicant, has a release date: it’s coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC on 23 April 2021.
Square Enix made the NieR Replicant release date announcement at Tokyo Game Show 2020. ver.1.22474487139… is described as “a modern re-telling of NieR Replicant“, with updated visuals and new character illustrations from Akihiko Yoshida. You can get a taste of the new look in the game’s TGS 2020 trailer, below.
NieR Replicant tells the story of Nier, a young man on a journey through an apocalyptic world to find a cure for a his sister, who’s been afflicted with a deadly disease. It’s set in the same world as NieR: Automata, taking place a few thousand years before—which doesn’t prevent a few familiar faces from showing up.
NieR Replicant originally came out in Japan in 2010, alongside NieR Gestalt, which swapped Replicant‘s young Nier for an older man who’s trying to cure his daughter. In Japan, Replicant and Gestalt were exclusive to PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 respectively, but the Western release used Gestalt for both platforms and simply called it NIER.
Square Enix also announced a special edition of NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… called the “White Snow Edition”. It’s exclusively available through the Square Enix Store for USD $159.99, and comes with the following:
– “Lunar Tear” Collector’s Box
– Steelbook® Case – A metal case featuring stunning artwork by Illustrator KODA KAZUMA.
– Pin Badge Set – Grimoire Weiss, Grimoire Noir, and Grimoire Rubrum pins presented in a specialized display case. Exclusive to the White Snow Edition.
– Script Set – A set of seven books including the content of the spoken script of the game, exclusive to the White Snow Edition. Packaged in a special hard case, featuring unique cover art by character designer Akihiko Yoshida. Available in English only.
– Soundtrack CD Set – A two-disc collection – one disc featuring tracks from NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139… specifically edited for this set, and a second disc featuring special arrangements, overseen by Keiichi Okabe, of select tracks that are exclusive to the White Snow Edition. The set is presented in a premium Grimoire Weiss-inspired package.
And finally, Square Enix announced a western release for NieR Re[in]carnation, a mobile game set in the NieR universe. It’s currently in development by Applibot, but with NieR creator Yoko Taro still on board as director. There’s no release date yet, for Japan or anywhere else.